Saturday, January 19, 2008

Reading is an Investment

ReadingIsAnInvestment
Photo by cesarastudillo.

Do you get return on your reading investment? Do you turn insights into action? In Little Guide To Your Well-Read Life: How To Get More Books In Your Life And More Life From Your Books, Steve Leveen writes about reading as an investment.

Your Notebook is Not a Miser's Sock
Leveen writes:

"'The time you spend in reading is an investment,' Walter Pitkins advices us. 'You ought to get good returns on it. But, in order to do so, you must salt down the essence of books and articles in whatever form proves most usable.' And don't put your notes away. 'A notebook is not a miser's sock in which treasure is to be hidden,' he reminds us. 'It is a tool drawer, which ought to be opened daily.'"

Key Take Aways
Well, I know I use reading to give me an edge in all areas of my life. I also share what I learn with others to give them an edge in life. That's part of what this blog is all about.

My Related Posts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep doing fantastic job, keep sharing the gems you get out of reading - THANKS! Many of your posts serve me as blue prints - just copy, paste, and execute against it.

J.D. Meier said...

Thanks. Will do! I think I'm just warming up. I have way more posts ahead of me than behind me.