Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dealing with People You Can't Stand

This post is my index of book nuggets from Dealing with People You Can't Stand: How to Bring Out the Best in People at Their Worst, by Dr. Rick Brinkman and Dr. Rick Kirschner. In this book, the authors teach you how to identify the 10 most unwanted behaviors and how to deal with them. They also teach you how difficult people thing, what they fear, and why they act the way they do.

My Nuggets
Here's my nuggets so far ...

Reference Nuggets:

10 types of difficult people:

Action Nuggets

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review, J.D, I like your take on my coauthored work.

You might also enjoy my most recent work, where I've gone beyond the dealing stage of the relationship to the proactive influencing stage. It's the Insider's Guide To The Art Of Persuasion, and I blog on this topic regularly.

Based on what you've written, I'd be very interested in interviewing you for my next book (to be finished this year and published next by Hyperion Press.) If you're interested in sharing some of your personal communication stories with me, you can contact me through my website, TheArtofChange.com.

Best wishes,
Rick Kirschner

J.D. Meier said...

Hey dr. K

I will definitely like to check out your Insider's Guide to the Art of Persuasion.

I regularly whiteboard the lens of human understanding for colleagues I mentor and it really takes their effectiveness to a new level.