This post is an index of my book nuggets from The First 90 Days: Critical Success Strategies for New Leaders at All Levels, by Michael Watkins. In this book, the author shows you how to get up to speed and be effective within the first 90 days of your job. He provides practical steps you can take to get on top of things, initiate changes, perform self-assessment, and have effective conversations with your new boss and direct reports.
Here's my nuggets so far ...
Business Situation Analysis:
- Diagnosing Your Portfolio
- Start-ups, Turnarounds, Realignments and Sustaining-Success
- STARS Model of Business Evolution
- Five Conversations to Have with Your Boss
- Fundamental Do's and Don'ts for a Productive Relationship with Your Boss